Our client faced the challenge of reducing the cost of an already extremely optimized manufacturing process, but that opened the opportunity for him to get access to a new contract for additional references of that same family of parts with higher manufacturing volumes and consequently bigger revenue. So, he contacted us and challenged us to improve that process.
- Highly optimized process.
- The customer already used 20-bar bombs.
70 BAR High-pressure system installation
- The high-pressure was only used (initially) in the drilling operation: Drill Diam. 16 mm.
- With 70 Bar coolant pressure the cycle time was reduced by 5 Sec.
- The life of the drill (solid carbide) increased by more than 70% (even with higher cutting conditions). The drill life expanded from 750 parts to more than 1300 parts.
- Pending to implement high-pressure in the cut-off operation because the client had to acquire the proper tools and tool-holders.
What the client said:
“I was quite skeptical about the cycle time improvement with 70 Bar coolant pressure, but once DAUNERT installed their HPC system and ran production for a few hours, I understood that the ROI was just within months.”